Position Title: Commercial Collector
Reports to: Commercial Collection Supervisor
Work on behalf of Valentine & Kebartas, Inc. clients to recover debt. Initiate
contact with debtors and effectively communicate the importance of payment.
Accurately research accounts and establish leverage. Provide solutions to debtor
and assist with structuring payment plans. When necessary recommend legal
Essential Job Functions
· Researches and Analyzes accounts prior to initiating debtor contact, examines
historical data and evaluates past collection efforts.
· Determines the most effective and economical means of collection for each
account and applies standard due diligence to collect monies owed.
· Initiates first contact within 24 hours of new business entered into the
· Maintains complete records on all accounts including, but not limited to,
detailed documentation on collection efforts.
· Utilizes available resources and skip tracing techniques to locate debtors and
any relevant credit information pertaining to the company and/or officers
responsible for the debt.
· Advises debtor of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit and
· Maintains a consistent level of professionalism at all times with the debtor.
· Generates correspondence through the use of system letters, free form letters,
and email communication. All correspondence will reflect VKI mission statement
and communicate the professionalism we pride ourselves in.
· Follows company processes and procedures when recommending an account for
· Maintains organized and current physical files for open accounts in queue.
· After 4 months of collection efforts, decides whether to litigate or close the
· Other various duties, at the discretion of direct management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and
· Knowledge of FDCPA regulations.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend short correspondence, memos, and
invoices. Effectively communicate findings to debtors and direct management.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
· Achieves monthly goals.
· Works all queued accounts in a timely manner. Queue aging should be below 10%.
· Handles all incoming and outgoing correspondence within 48 hours of receipt.
· All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal and state
regulations and presented in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
· One year experience.
· Formal training in collections industry.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
If this looks right for you,
please email your resume to us as a WORD attachment.